10.25.2004

Eminem Gets Political

I'll be the first one to tell you that I don't realy like Eminem that much. A few of his songs are alright and I respect his command of the English language. Frequently, however, I feel he stirs controversy just for his own gain (see his latest hit, "Just Lose It") and I prefer MCs who are privy to the occasional "positive" message (i.e. Talib Kweli, Jurassic5 and Mos Def). I do deeply respect Dr. Dre, however, so I've always paid attention to anything that came out of the Aftermath/Shady camp, in case it was important. Mr. Matthers has a few words for you in his newest video, Mosh.

DailyKOS has excellent coverage of the event with links to vote for it on TRL (man wouldn't that be cool?) as well as links to Real Video, Windows Media and Quicktime versions for your viewing pleasure. My link up there should take you directly to the high-quality quicktime version. View it, pay attention and hope that the young people of America are more motivated than ever to take this country back into their own hands. The last line is just fantastic:

...And as we proceed, to mosh through this desert storm, in these closing statements, if they should argue, let us beg to differ, as we set aside our differences, and assemble our own army, to disarm this weapon of mass destruction that we call our president, for the present, and mosh for the future of our next generation, to speak and be heard, Mr. President, Mr. Senator.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?